Shangcheng & Partners is one of the premier IP law firms and has been authorized by China National Intellectual Property Administration to practice IP laws. Headquartered in Beijing, Shangcheng has a Shanghai branch and Tokyo office
The firm has a well-trained elite team with more than 130 employees practicing in all intellectual property area, from drafting/designing, filing, prosecuting to the enforcement of intellectual property right, with capability to communicate in Chinese, English, Japanese and Korean. Among them, approximately 60 are attorneys at law, patent attorneys, trademark attorneys or patent engineers.
Service attitude of Shangcheng & Partners is always chasing better with delicate craftsmanship to provide clients-tailored service and have our clients obtain benefit from their Intellectual Property; on the other side, the importance of strategic thinking of enforcing IP is also emphasized.
- The number of PCT international applications in China in 2016 increased by 44.7% from the last year (Mar-2017)
- The number of trademark applications in China has been the world's highest for 15 consecutive years (Mar-2017)
- Establishment of Intellectual Property Courts in 4 Cities having Jurisdiction over Cases across Different Regions (Feb-2017)
- China Ranked in the Top 5 for the First Time in Yearly Madrid Protocol International Applications for Trademark Registration (Feb-2017)
- China Ranked as No. 1 in the World for 6 Consecutive Years in the Number of Patent Applications (Jan-2017)
- Record Compensation Judgment of 50 Million RMB Made by Beijing Intellectual Property Court (Dec-2016)
- The Highest Compensation Judge on Trademark Civil Infringement Made by Beijing Intellectual Property Court (Nov-2016)